ROBERT A. STEEN COMMUNITY CENTRE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
POSITION: CENTRE ATTENDANT
The Centre Attendant is accountable to the General Manager and the Board of the Centre. The Centre Attendant is responsible for overall supervision of the Centre, facility users, after school drop-in, rentals, and program participants. Some administrative duties and building maintenance activities are included.
1. Grade 12 with related experience in the area of recreation would be an asset.
2. Current First Aid, CPR, and Food Handler’s Certificates required, and any other certificates as required by the City of Winnipeg.
3. Have experience working with children.
4. Commitment to be available for regularly scheduled assignments and on-call shifts (may include days, evenings, and weekends).
5. Ability to adapt to changes in scheduling on short notice is required.
6. Excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills required.
7. Ability to function as a team member, working cooperatively with the General Manager, other staff and volunteers.
8. Ability to express ideas clearly, both verbally and in writing.
9. Ability to work independently and organize work according to Centre needs and assigned tasks.
10. Possess sufficient knowledge and understanding of Program activities.
11. Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry check is required.
12. Must have basic computer knowledge.
• Administers in conjunction with other staff and volunteers, a comprehensive set of recreation and sports programs to meet the needs of the community.
• Plays a support role to special event coordinators/convenors.
• Assists Convenors and coaches with access to information, equipment, and resources; assists with preparation, distribution, and display of promotional materials (for example, flyers, posters, registration forms, etc.).
• Assists with sorting, preparing, and distributing uniforms and equipment.
• Provides general supervision to all Centre participants.
• Supervises any scheduled or drop-in programs.
• Ensures Centre policies and rules are followed (e.g., Respectful Environment Policy).
• Directs participants as needed.
• Supervises, coordinates, and assists volunteers as needed.
• Orientates and trains volunteers to their duties.
LIAISON AND COMMUNICATION
• Creates a welcoming and enthusiastic environment for all who contact or utilize the Centre both in person and on the phone.
• Maintains a professional and courteous manner at all times when dealing with the public either in person on the phone.
• Answers general enquiries received by the RA Steen email address, phone or written. All email correspondence and outgoing emails must be communicated to the General Manager. I.e., Carbon Copy (CC) the email to the General Manager.
• Provides accurate and timely information in response to enquiries.
• Responds to complaints or concerns and inform the appropriate parties.
• Maintains Centre policies and rules. (e.g., Respectful Environment Policy).
• Notifies General Manager of any maintenance issues.
• Notifies General Manager of the need for supplies.
• Communicates information with other staff concerning any and all aspects of the Centre’s operation.
• Advises staff of persistent or serious problems with behaviour of Centre participants.
• Seeks direction and information from the General Manager as needed.
• Assists General Manager in maintaining records of volunteers.
• Records each day’s information in the Daily Log Book
• Records messages for General Manager follow-up.
• Completes and submits documentation as required.
• Collects fees and issues receipts using the appropriate receipt books.
• Maintains contact lists (for example, programs, Conveners’, etc.).
• Set up and clean up for rental groups; ensures rooms are in order and are left ready for the next group’s/person’s use.
• Sweeps gym each night at closing.
• Sweeps lobby, common room and gym storage room daily.
• Stocks supplies and change garbage and recycling bins as required.
• Completes other maintenance duties as assigned or as required.
Send resumes to: