Robert A. Steen Community Centre
Urban Green Team
Groundskeeper – 2019
The individual hired for the grounds keeping positions perform a variety of different tasks throughout the summer. General duties each year include:
1. Maintenance of the grounds, including cutting grass, raking, sweeping, cleaning litter.
2. Maintenance and transformation of our extensive flower beds, including watering, weeding, planting annuals, and transplanting perennials.
3. Outdoor painting and repair, and graffiti removal.
4. Helping indoors with activities when necessary.
Each year we also designate specific projects for our Green Team staff to complete. Previous projects have included:
1. Refinishing our tables and benches (outdoor).
2. Outdoor painting projects – bike racks, goal posts, graffiti removal. 3. Maintain Centre (soccer fields, baseball diamonds).
Projects vary from year to year.
The position is for 20 hours a week. Starting June 17th, 2019 to August 23rd, 2019. You must be a student under the age of 29 and be returning to school this September.
Deadline for resumes is May 24th, 2019
Please send resumes to Steve Bemrose at Robert A. Steen Community Centre.
Mail to: 980 Palmerston Avenue Winnipeg, Manitoba R3G 1J9