Robert A. Steen Community Centre
Robert A. Steen Community Centre is currently recruiting for two (2) Centre Attendants.
Reporting to the General Manager and Program Coordinator, the Centre Attendant is responsible for the overall supervision of the centre, facility users, after school program, rentals and program participants.
Using your excellent community, planning and customer service skills, you will create a welcoming and enthusiastic environment for all centre users, responding to inquiries regarding facility rentals, administering programming and supporting centre promotions.
As the Centre Attendant, you will:
|Assist with the organization and delivery of recreation and sports programming, supporting special event coordinators and conveners where required.Assist with the inventorying and distribution of uniforms and equipment.Supervise scheduled and/or drop-in programs, ensuring that centre polices and rules are adhered to at all times.Monitor conduct of participants, notifying the General Manager and/or Program Coordinator where ongoing issues require attention and/or intervention.Orient and train volunteers, maintaining accurate volunteer records (contact lists, applications etc.) to support effective programming.Independently monitor and respond to Centre communications, including general inquires, emails etc., providing timely and professional responses and notifying and consulting with the General Manager and/or Program Coordinator, where required.Monitor facility maintenance standards, completing maintenance and light cleaning duties as required and assigned.Complete other tasks as required and assigned.|
Your education and qualifications include:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in the area of recreation considered an asset.
- Experience working with children
- Excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to function a team member, working cooperatively with the General Manager, other staff and volunteers.
- Ability to express ideas clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and organize work according to Centre needs and assigned tasks.
- Knowledge and understanding of recreation programming principles and operations.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Must be available for a variety of regularly-scheduled assignment and on-call shifts (may include days, evenings and weekends) with the ability to adapt to changes in scheduling on short notice.
- Must be physically able to complete the job duties, including: lifting/moving up to pounds, ability to stand, walk, bend and crouch, ability to work in and out of doors during a variety of weather conditions.
- A background check including a Police information Check with Vulnerable Sector, satisfactory to the employer, will be required of the successful applicant at the employer’s expense prior to commencing employment.
If you require accommodation for the recruitment process, please let us know at the point of application.
Please send resumes by email to:
General Manager, Robert A. Steen Community Centre