We are happy to announce that we have a new hockey convenor. Her name is Ashleigh. We look forward to working with her. Thank you for stepping forward.
There is no photo taking permitted at our Pre-Teen dances. Anyone caught taking photos will be asked to leave. Please leave your cell phones/cameras at home! There is a phone at the Centre available for public use.
****************PARENT CHAPERONES NEEDED*******************
Parent chaperones are greatly needed but hard to find…call the Centre at (204)783-5616 if you are available to volunteer for any of the below mentioned dates. If we do not get 8 – 10 volunteers per dance, we will no longer be able to host them.
Open to Grades 5 to 7 only!
Time: 6:30pm – 9:00pm
Music provided by Quest Musique located at 1308 Portage Avenue (204)233-4151
September 30th 2016
November 25th 2016
January 27th 2017
March 24th 2017
May 26th 2017
Don’t forget to bring a donation for Winnipeg Harvest to EVERY Dance and get entered to win a special prize!
*ASSISTANT COACHES NEEDED*
INDOOR MINI SOCCER – Mondays 5:30 – 7:30pm
BASKETBALL – Thursdays 6-8pm
Some soccer and basketball knowledge is required.
Certification is not required.
WITHOUT COACHES, THESE PROGRAMS WILL BE CANCELLED.
IF YOU ARE ABLE TO HELP WITH THIS, PLEASE NOTIFY STAFF OR CONTACT THE CENTRE
We are still taking registrations for the following programs.
Fencing is a modern and exciting sport often described as playing chess while running the 100 meter dash! Fencing is a sport of skill, speed, and finesse in which there is little advantage in brute strength. All equipment is provided.
Day: Thursday/September 29th – December 1st
Age: 8-12 years old | Time: 6:00pm – 7:30pm
Indoor Mini Soccer
Players will improve their basic skills and learn proper techniques through drills and scrimmage. Participants learn teamwork and sportsmanship. Players will receive a t-shirt.
Day: Mondays/September 26th– December 12th
*no soccer on October 10 or October 31
Age: 4 & 5 years old | Time: 5:30pm – 6:30pm
Age: 6-8 years old | Time: 6:30pm – 7:30pm
WECB is a program designed to develop fundamental skills, sportsmanship and a love of the game for basketball. The goal of the program is to allow participants the opportunity to maximize their potential, while promoting the importance of youth basketball as a vehicle to build character, discipline, self-esteem and sportsmanship. This is a Supervised/Coached fun introduction to basketball fundamentals and stage competition with age appropriate instruction and development. Players will receive a T-Shirt.
Day: Thursdays/September 29nd – November 24th
Age: 5-8 years old | Time: 6:00pm – 7:00pm
Age: 9-12 years old | Time: 7:00pm – 8:00pm
JUMPING JELLY BEANS
Our children thrive on moving their bodies and interacting with others all while having FUN! The programs help kids move their bodies, learn the basic movement skills such as hopping, skipping, jumping, running, throwing, kicking, striking and catching, build friendships and learn social/emotional intelligence, all while having tons of fun doing it!
Tuesday/September 27th – November 15th 2016
Age: 2 – 5 years
Time: 6:15pm – 7:00pm
Come on out and try some new twists on a classic favourite. Our lively instructor will teach you many new moves and dances.
• Day: Wednesdays | Sept. 7th – Dec. 14th (15 weeks)
o Cost: $45.00 or $3.50/drop-in
o Time: 10:30am – 11:30am
• Day: Wednesdays | Jan. 4th – Mar. 22nd (12 weeks)
o Cost: $36.00 or $3.50/drop-in
o Time: 10:30am – 11:30am
• Day: Wednesdays | Apr. 5th – Jun. 14th (11 weeks)
o Cost: $33.00 or $3.50/drop-in
o Time: 10:30am – 11:30am
The Centre Attendant is accountable to the General Manager. The Centre Attendant is responsible for overall supervision of the Centre, facility users, after school drop-in, rentals, and program participants. Some administrative duties and building maintenance activities are included.
1. Grade 12 with related experience in the area of recreation would be an asset.
2. Current First Aid, CPR, and Food Handler’s Certificates would be an asset.
3. Have experience working with children.
4. Commitment to be available for regularly scheduled assignments and on-call shifts (may include days, evenings, and weekends).
5. Ability to adapt to changes in scheduling on short notice is required.
6. Excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills required.
7. Ability to function as a team member, working cooperatively with the General Manager, other staff and volunteers.
8. Ability to express ideas clearly, both verbally and in writing.
9. Ability to work independently and organize work according to Centre needs and assigned tasks.
10. Possess sufficient knowledge and understanding of Program activities.
11. Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry check are required.
12. Must have basic computer knowledge.
Robert A Steen Memorial Community Centre Inc. – Employment Opportunity
980 Palmerston Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3G 1J9
Program registration dates:
- Saturday, September 10, 2016 from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm.
- Saturday, October 15, 2015 from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm
To view details of the Fall/Winter programs, click on the links below:
- After-School Drop-in
- Winter Break School Drop-in
- Jumping Jelly Beans
- Kid’s Art
- Drop-in Floor Hockey
- Indoor Soccer
- Jackrabbit Hockey – Registration Date: October 5 ONLY
- Pre-Teen Dance
- Drop-In Volleyball
- Adult Badminton
- Women’s Adult Basketball
- Line Dancing
- Continuing Yoga with Jane Carroll
- **NEW PROGRAM** BELLY DANCING
- **NEW PROGRAM** ZUMBA FITNESS